How We Protect Your Privacy
Transcepta uses a combination of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information and to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. For example:
We limit access to your confidential information to our employees and other authorized parties who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
The information you provide to us online is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing any confidential information transmitted to or from Transcepta during your session. SSL is the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet. This technology scrambles your information as it moves between your PC’s browser and Transcepta’s computer systems. When information is scrambled, or encrypted in this way, it becomes nearly impossible for anyone other than Transcepta to read it. This secure session helps protect the safety and confidentiality of your information when you interact with us online.
We use other technological means (such as backup files, virus detection and eradication software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to your data.
What Information We Collect
In the course of serving you, we collect information about you and your business from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us, such as your name, company name, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, bank account and routing numbers, and passwords, and other information we need to perform services for which you have registered
- Information we receive from third parties, such as banking partners that may provide the status of payments from you or to you made via Transcepta
- Information your trading partners provide to us, such as your name, company name, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and other information we need to initiate services with you
- Anonymous data our servers/web browsers automatically collect such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, and the timing and order in which our pages are accessed.
How We Use Information
Information collected may be used for a number of purposes, such as:
- Delivering invoices
- Processing electronic payments
- Enabling your electronic transfer exchange
- Confirming receipt of electronic transmissions
- Providing you your account history
- Contacting you about your account
- Performing other business activities as needed
- Keeping you informed about services that may be of interest to you
- Compiling anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
Why We May Disclose Information and to Whom
Transcepta always treats your confidential information as confidential and takes all appropriate measures to protect it. We may disclose the information we collect to nonaffiliated third parties such as:
- Companies that perform support services for us, such as technical systems consultants and programmers
- Companies involved in completing your transactions, such as financial institutions, your trading partners, fax transmitters or mail processors
- Fraud or identity screening services such as credit bureaus or other service providers to protect you and us against fraud
- Governmental agencies or authorities as required by law
- Third parties as required by law (in response to subpoenas or other legal processes), and those with whom you have requested us to share information
- And we may disclose non-personally identifiable use data to companies that use and analyze anonymous statistical data.
How We Use Tracking Technology
- To improve your experience
- Website analytics
We do not provide any personal information to an advertiser when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that the advertiser will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
How We Protect Information of Former Customers
We use the same stringent security measures to protect the confidential information of our former customers as we do for our current customers.
European Union Users
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and related data protection law in Europe have special requirements for companies that collect and retain personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Even though Transcepta’s service is a business-to-business service, users who work at the business may provide personal information, such as the person’s business contact information, when signing up for the service and may also occasionally provide it in the invoices and other transaction documents exchanged with their trading partners and financial institutions through the service. Transcepta is deemed the “data controller” of any personal information provided to sign up for the service. Your trading partners and financial partners with whom you exchange documents through the service are deemed the “data controller” of any personal information you may include in your transaction exchange documents. In that case Transcepta is the “data processor” for your trading partners and/or financial partners.
Transcepta is required to have a lawful basis for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Transcepta’s lawful basis includes:
- Performing the business-to-business transaction document exchange services and any other services your business has signed up for pursuant to an agreement with Transcepta, and to manage your account with us.
- Legitimate interests that are permissible under the data protection regulation and related laws, for which we have a good and fair reason and which are done in ways that would not hurt your interests or rights, such as would be expected as part of running our services or business. For example, managing your account with us, to follow your instructions, to share your information with your trading partners and financial institutions to facilitate processing your transactions, to keep our services secure and to prevent fraud, to communicate with you, to send you information about our services (subject to your right to control whether we do so), to analyze how our services are being used and to improve and develop our services, and in connection with any changes in our business, such as a sale or merger.
- Legal compliance.
If you are a user in the European Economic Area and Transcepta is the “data controller”, you may contact us at as indicated below to request information from us regarding what personal information of yours we may hold, to access it, to correct or update it, in certain circumstances to delete it, and to object to our use or disclosure of it. If you are a user in the European Economic Area and Transcepta is the “data processor”, we may refer your request to your trading partner or financial institution that is the “data controller” and cooperate with their handling of the request. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact the applicable data controller to resolve your concern.
Questions and Suggestions
(Updated September 2019)