We Protect Your Privacy
- We do not sell your information to third parties.
- We do not share your information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you. You do not have to take any action or instruct us to keep your information confidential. We will protect your privacy automatically.
- We are committed to protecting your information. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information.
How We Protect Information
Transcepta uses a combination of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. For example:
We limit access to your information to our employees and other authorized parties who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
The information you provide to us online is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing any confidential information transmitted to or from Transcepta during your session. SSL is the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet. This technology scrambles your information as it moves between your PC’s browser and Transcepta’s computer systems. When information is scrambled, or encrypted in this way, it becomes nearly impossible for anyone other than Transcepta to read it. This secure session helps protect the safety and confidentiality of your information when you interact with us online.
We use other technological means (such as backup files, virus detection and eradication software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to your data.
What Information We Collect
In the course of serving you, we collect information about you and your business from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us, such as your name, company name, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, bank account and routing numbers, and passwords, and other information we need to perform services for which you have registered;
- Information we receive from third parties, such as banking partners that may provide the status of payments from you or to you made via Transcepta.
- Information your trading partners provide to us, such as your name, company name, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and other information we need to initiate services with you.
How We Use Information
Information collected may be used for a number of purposes, such as:
- Delivering invoices
- Processing electronic payments
- Confirming receipt of electronic transmissions
- Providing you your account history
- Keeping you informed about services that may be of interest to you
Why We May Disclose Information and to Whom
Transcepta always treats your information as confidential and takes all appropriate measures to protect it. We will never sell or rent your information. We may disclose the information we collect to nonaffiliated third parties such as:
- Companies that perform support services for us, such as technical systems consultants and programmers
- Companies involved in completing your transactions, such as financial institutions, your trading partners, fax transmitters or mail processors
- Fraud or identity screening services such as credit bureaus or other service providers to protect you and us against fraud
- Governmental agencies or authorities as required by law
- Third parties as required by law (in response to subpoenas or other legal processes), and those with whom you have requested us to share information
How We Use Technology to Improve Your Experience
How We Protect Information of Former Customers
We use the same stringent security measures to protect the confidential information of our former customers as we do for our current customers.
Questions and Suggestions
(Updated June 2014)